Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not so Trivial Pursuit



I decided to play along with the "Blogger Photo Challenge". You can read all about it over here.


The topic this time is "Photo Story". I find that so often, I am shooting just that! As my hobby grows, I find myself mesmerized by such things as all the different layers of a process. I've become more observant of the stages of plant and flower growth. And lately, duing the wonderful Springtime....I've been noticing a whole lotta mating going on!




Well, I can't say I've actually seen much of the mating part, but I can say that I've been watching the pursuit. And let me tell you, there's a lot more involved than meets the eye. Sure, some animals just "go for it", but I see some dating out there too.




Sometimes it sure seems that the female is not wanting ANYthing to do with this nonsense.




Here is one of my brief photo stories. It wasn't easy though, as it was taken through my front window, and these critters will really fast!




Be sure to read what I write after the photos so I can tell you how this story ended!




(In the first shot, the poor female is oblivious to the oggling male)
















































Ok, so as promised....




This went on for quite some time, and I snapped away while these 2 ran and leaped around the yard. All the while, Miss Rabbit was scoping out some options. She was so clever as she slowly made her way closer and closer to the fence. Once she was close enough, she made a B-Line right through it. And luckily for her (not so much for Mr. Rabbit), she made it and he did not.




You see, he was a bit too chubby.




So the morale of the story is:


Males who put on too much weight, just won't get the girl in the end.




(I don't truly believe that, but the extra pounds sure didn't work for Mr. Rabbit)!




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Hilarious! Loved the pictures of these two hon! (Hugs)Indigo

D said...

LMAO too funny... love'd it

MariesImages said...

Haha, but I don't really believe that!
Great photo story, Nancy~
MArie

Martha said...

Great photo story! LOL! :-)

Helen said...

Cute picture story of the rabbits. Hugs, Helen

sunflowerkat said...

True to form, you created a very entertaining story. I like thinking the girl outsmarted Mr. Fatty.

gina said...

lol delightful and fun photo story, nancy! great job. i absolutely love watching critters and all their antics. :)

Michelle said...

HAHAAAA!! I love it! You're so fortunate to live near so many wonderful creatures. They sure gave you some food for thought that day!

Love you ~ Chelle

Vicki said...

Wonderful story, Nancy. It really gave me a chuckle...Love the action filled shots, too. :)
~Vicki

Jeannette said...

Great photos and story but I don't think Mr Rabbit will want to be reminded of this failure to get the girl! Lol! Jeannette

Far Side of Fifty said...

Excellent story!! LOL..I have to get them through the window here too..way to spooked..nice love story with a tragic ending. :)

Jimmy's Journal said...

True, although wise is the chubby Br'er Rabbit who returns and weights in the shadows of the briar patch for the smug Miss Rabbit to let down her guard.

Jimmy