A Meme for Grownups
Here’s a meme aimed at grown-ups. If you’re a grownup, and you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
My Mastercard...it reminds me of how much I'm spending!
2. Do you miss being a child?
NO....because I'm very much still one.
3. Chore you hate the most?
I probably hate all chores pretty equally.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
In my own home, on our dining room table, candle-lit, wine, with a meal I created with our fresh-picked veggies.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Having worried my mom so much with my emotional upheavals.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Snuggling with the hubby and dogs (well either that, or maybe laying on a beach in Maui)
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A Maid that drives (don't even ask)
9. How many colleges did you attend?
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Uh, I was cold and needed a sweatshirt? I love this pink one from Mohonk!
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I really cannot understand the whole process of the ups and downs...I only know it pisses me off. We have so many other options that should be made available to us.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
That idiot Wes from the Bachelorette must be a secret plant from the show. No one is THAT sleazy!
14. What famous people would you like to have dinner with?
It really depends on my mood...but off the top of my head, Drew Barrymore (Fun!), Deepak Choprah (deep!), Maya Angelou (brilliant poetry) and Conan O'Brien (funny!)
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yep. And my body has never been the same.
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
Indeed....probably with kids, or sick people...or maybe even doing what I'm doing. Yes...I'd do pro bono counseling.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
Depends on the weather, my mood and what's in store for the day!
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Bugs Bunny? Maybe Popeye. Then again, always loved The Flintstones. Wait! Madeline...that little French girl. Yes, Madeline.
19. Favorite thing to do at night?
TV, computer, anything to veg out and not think too much. In fact, this Meme is a bit too much!
20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I decided that it only pays to bend over to pick something up IF there are other things to get while I'm down there.
21. Favorite lunch meat?
Used to be Turkey....that is till I started seeing wild Turkeys all over the place, especially the cute one in our front bushes. That pretty much ruined it for me.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Nutrigrain bars...and usually some sort of decadent candy. (They sorta balance each other out somehow in my sick mind).
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Nope. I've done it twice and I'd hate to feel "outdated". I actually believe in it.
24. A favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
If I didn't want anyone to find out about it, why the hell would I write it here?
25. What’s your favorite drink?
non-alcoholic....changes all the time. Alcoholic... wine.
26. Whom from high school would you like to run in to?
Lorraine (now isn't THAT interesting to all of you?)
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Don't remember...but I think it's country. ("When in Rome," they say...)
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Hurting the one I love.
30. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
Oh yes, a lot! (I just hate shouting to each other...I prefer the phone so my throat doesn't get sore)
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
No, thank God!
32. Last book you finished reading?
My Sister's Keeper
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
YES....several. But my fave is a lamb named AMESLAN.
34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I can't even think of something funny to say here.
35. Do you go to church?
Nope...unless there's a wedding or funeral.
36. How old are you? 47
37. Have you ever been arrested? No.
38. Have you ever attended a public protest against a major corporation or a government?
No...but only due to fear and/or laziness.
39. Do you feel that your type of employment traps you or liberates you?
Neither really. I think I can make my employment what I need it to be.
40. Is voting a duty, a privilege, a right, or an option?
I feel it's a right and a privilege (It's a DUTY if you agree with my vote!)
41. Have you ever sat on a jury?
No...but I came close last month! (I'm one of the few who would love to do that).
42. Have you ever seen someone die?
Yes, but only their spirits. I've never been around when someone's heart stopped.
And I think dying while you're still alive is much worse.
43. Are you making any preparations for old age or for retirement?
Yes...but I have mixed feelings about it.
44. Do you have children? Or, if not, do you wish to?
Nope...skipped that part and went straight to having grandchildren!
45. Have you ever served in your country’s armed forces? No.
46. How is your relationship with your parents different from what it was when you were a child?
My level of compassion has increases tremendously. I can see why they did things they did...and I feel badly for the pain they've experienced in their lifetimes.
47. Have you ever had a substantial conversation with a homeless person?
yes, several. But it wasn't always a "conversation" per se, but more like an intense exchange of sorts.
48. If life is “a journey”, then where are you going?
Well, if I answered that, I'd be taking away from the journey now wouldn't I? The only way I can answer "Where I'm going", would be ....
"Just trying to stay on the path".
Be Vewy Vewy Careful Today
6 days ago